[Fredslist] A little assistance with leads for my son who just graduated Colgate Univ. -- physical health fields

David Abeshouse davidlaw at optonline.net
Mon Jun 3 10:28:15 EDT 2013

Gotham:

This one's for my son, who just graduated Colgate University (he was the
starting right guard on the offensive line of the Div. 1-AA [FCS] Patriot
League Championship football team this past season, and holds two all-time
Colgate weight-lifting records).

He's very interested (and experienced) in the physical health fields (sports
training, strength & conditioning, physical therapy, etc.), and would like
to work in that realm for a while before pursuing his graduate or
professional degree in one of those areas.  He is highly responsible,
intelligent, personable, analytic, creative, and a true team player.  Please
see his message below, and let him and/or me know if you have any leads for
him.

* * * * * * * * *

I am a recent (May 2013) graduate of Colgate University, currently looking
for a position in a growing physical health field where my skills and
interests can be highlighted and maximized to promote my career ambitions
and to help heal and improve the physical lives of others. I seek to use my
current skills and knowledge to their fullest potential while remaining
open-minded in order to learn and forge mutual success for both myself and
my physical health field employer.

I have worked in a well-respected physical therapy clinic owned by Gotham
member John Dugan (Farmingdale Physical Therapy East) for five years,
interned for a Division 1 Strength and Conditioning program at Colgate for
one year, and done a summer business management internship in Hamilton, NY.
In my experiences, I have garnered a wide range of skills and abilities, and
have learned how to work well with others and be flexible and adaptable.
Please feel free to take a look at my LinkedIn page for more detailed
information at www.linkedin.com/in/habeshouse/ or my resume, below.

Harlan S. Abeshouse
1429 Garfield Road, East Meadow, NY 11554

Cell Phone: (516)987-3776 <tel:%28516%29987-3776>
Home Phone: (516)489-4083 <tel:%28516%29489-4083>

E-mail: habeshouse at gmail.com

Education

Colgate University, B.A. Sociology and Anthropology, May 2013

East Meadow High School, June 2009

Objectives

To obtain a position in a growing physical health field where my skills and
interests can be highlighted and maximized to promote my career ambitions
and to help heal and improve the physical lives of others.  I seek to use my
current skills and knowledge to their fullest potential while remaining
open-minded in order to learn and forge mutual success for both myself and
my physical health field employer.

Qualifications and skills

I have been involved in physical therapy and athletic training as a patient,
athlete, and spectator since age 11 and they come naturally to me and are my
passion.  For the past five years, I have worked as an aide at a
well-respected physical therapy clinic on Long Island called Farmingdale
Physical Therapy East.  During this time, I have worked with hundreds of
patients with various injuries and ailments ranging from otherwise healthy
and active high school and college athletes with orthopaedic issues, to
elderly people with neurological issues, to middle-aged car accident victims
with both orthopaedic and neurological issues, and everything in between.

I also currently work and have worked actively and closely with my Head
Strength and Conditioning Coach at Colgate University (NCAA Division 1
athletics) as both a participant on the varsity football team (four years)
and as an unpaid volunteer intern (four months) on both theory and execution
of strength and conditioning programs for different sports, for both male
and female teams.

Experience

Farmingdale Physical Therapy East LLC, May 2008 - Present (Part Time)

.         Job Title: Physical Therapist Aide

.         Responsibilities:  Assist Physical Therapists in their duties; set
up patients with ice, heat, and modalities; assist patients with exercises;
help the Physical Therapists create new exercise programs; general clinic
maintenance and clean-up; organizational tasks; keep patients actively
engaged in their rehabilitation

Colgate University Strength and Conditioning Program, January 2013 - May
2013 (~10 hours/week)

.         Job Title: Volunteer intern (Unpaid)

.         Responsibilities: Assist head strength and conditioning coach with
football and women's ice hockey programs; coach form and technique, adjust
lifting programs to fit individual needs; work on individual basis with
injured players seeking personalized guidance and attention

Joseph M. Caprio Summer Business/Housing Management Internship, July 2012 -
August 2012

.         Job Title: Intern (Paid)

.         Responsibilities: Business management; housing rental management;
employee scheduling and management; various skilled and manual labor;
conducted preventative maintenance on various commercial and residential
properties

Law Office of David J. Abeshouse, 2002 - Present (11 years) (Part Time)

.         Job Title: Office Assistant

.         Responsibilities: Consulting, billing, filing, office organization

Additional

.         Men's Division 1-AA (FCS) Varsity Football, Colgate University
(Four Years)

.         Starting Right Guard for Patriot League Championship Team, 2012
(Senior year)

.         Devoted 20 hours/week for practice, competition, and travel

.         Balanced time-consuming athletic schedule with schoolwork

.         Increased ability to work under pressure

.         Developed teamwork skills by aiding and depending on fellow team
members during workouts, practice, and competition

.         Uplifting Athletes (Charity), member of Colgate University
Chapter, Spring 2009-2012

.         Philanthropy: Participate in organized fundraiser to benefit
research of a rare disease (Ependymoma)

.         What: Network with family, friends, and alumni/mentors to help
raise individual donation goal (raised over an average of $500 each year of
participation)

* * * * * * * *

Thanks, all.  Much appreciated.

Best regards,

David Abeshouse

Gotham L.I.

David J. Abeshouse

Law Office of David Abeshouse

626 RXR Plaza

Uniondale, New York 11556

Ph: 516-229-2360 | Fax: 516-229-2361

B2B Dispute Resolution

Business Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Lawyer | Business
Arbitrator/Mediator

 <mailto:David at BizLawNY.com> David at BizLawNY.com |
<http://www.bizlawny.com/> www.BizLawNY.com   View my profile on:
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=743166&authType=name&authToken=fmBm
&trk=ppro_viewmore> LinkedIn |
<http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/11556-ny-david-abeshouse-853883.html> Avvo |
<http://www.mediate.com/mediator/details.cfm?id=25572&ac=516> Mediate.com

Member and Fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators (CCA).
(Membership is by invitation only.  58 CCA Fellows in NY State; 3 on Long
Island.)  See:  <http://www.thecca.net/> http://www.thecca.net

Listed in New York Metro Super Lawyers -- for 2007, 2012; category:
Alternative Dispute Resolution Law.  Independent lawyer peer review rated by
Martindale: A-V Preeminent/5.0 out of 5.0 ranking.

Charter Member, NYAMA ( <http://www.nymediators.org/david-abeshouse>
http://www.nymediators.org/david-abeshouse); member of its parent
organization, the NADN (National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals:
<http://www.nadn.org/david-abeshouse> http://www.nadn.org/david-abeshouse)
(Invitation only; 55 in NY State; 5 on L.I.).