[Fredslist] help for a friend...maybe some advice?

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Mon Apr 2 09:44:10 EDT 2012

Gotham

A week or so ago I posted to fredslist a request to help a friend who had
lost her job in large part because her boss was let go.   There were a few
helpful recommendations and there seems to be the perception that there is
not much she can do as she does not have a College education.  She has had
continuous employment for close to 20 years until this happened and although
she was not fortunate enough to go to college she is very good at managing
an office and as an executive assistant.  So Gotham what might you advise in
helping her find a new position.  She is looking in New Jersey only for now.
Clearly it is hard for her to compete against college grads except she has
more modest salary requirements and can do the work on day one.seems like a
win win for a potential employer.

Let me know if you can help or have any suggestions.

Josh

Joshua Zinder, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Principal

JZA+D