[Fredslist] Some suggestions about referring others

BFendelman at aol.com BFendelman at aol.com
Mon May 17 15:42:28 EDT 2010

Esther,
Very well stated and very correct.
Burt

Burton M Fendelman & Associates, LLC
Consultant for Art, Antiques  and Collectibles
60 Gramercy Park North - Suite 6 A
New York, New York  10010-5427
T: (212) 388-0090
F: (212) 473-5436
E-mail:  bfendelman at aol.com

In a message dated 5/17/2010 10:45:15 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
witsowitz at verizon.net writes:

Dear Fellow  Gothamites,
I have a few  suggestions that would be really helpful when referring
others.  First if  you have a relationship with a Gotham member that offers the
products or  services needed please recommend them first.
Next, when making  the referral provide their name, telephone number, and
email address and copy  them that you are making the referral so they know
why.  Of the many  wonderful recommendations, only one person actually did
that.  Guess  where I went first? Of course the one that made it easiest to
connect.
I recently  requested information on moving personal items from one state
to  another.  Sometimes I was given only a name or told that someone may
exist in the XY Gotham group.  While I appreciate the tidbit of info, the
effort, and yes I should always check Gotham’s list first… to which I did
initially so that should tell some of you that you need to get your info  online
……, when I come to fredslist it’s because I can’t find it and really  need
referrals to known relationships.
Additionally, we  live in a digital world and it is not always easy to call
someone so emails  are really valuable to get the dialogue started.
Referrals are  very important and the lifeblood of our business.  The most
recent  referral I made to a health benefits company not only gave them
complete  contact info, a personal telephone call from me,  but I also took the
time to intercede when communication efforts stalled.  They got the
account.  I got the opportunity to know that I gave my relationship  someone
really good. The flavored pretzels sent were a nice touch too.
The point is  there is an art to referrals and we loose more than we gain
when we become too  lazy to make them count.
Warmest  Regards
Ester Horowitz CMC,  CITRMS
Growth and  Protection in a Digital World
_www.m2powerinc_ (http://mysite.verizon.net/m2powerinc) .com
516  409-0849
888  609-6828
www.request2purchase.com
takes the hassle  out of shopping around
for health  industry professionals
"Some men see  things as they are and say why?
I see things that  never were and say why not?"
-George Bernard  Shaw-
Is  your business compliant with the NEW Identity Theft Laws?
Identity  Theft Protection & Compliance  Solutions
Confidentiality  Notice:
This message is intended exclusively for the individual(s) to whom  it is
addressed.  This communication may contain information that is  proprietary,
privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from  disclosure.  If
you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized  to read, print,
retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of  it.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender  immediately by replying
to this email, and delete all copies of this message.  Thank you for your
cooperation.

Fredslist  mailing  list
Fredslist at gothamnetworking.com