[Fredslist] Disability Mentoring Day Workshop - Monday, August 30

David Stein david at automatic-mail.com
Wed Aug 25 21:43:18 EDT 2010

Attached is our upcoming mentor recruitment seminar on 8/30 that we
would like for you to share with any employers you work with who might
be interested in attending.

Monday, August 30, 2010 Time 8:30 am – 10:30 am

The event is focused on sharing information with employers about our
mentoring program. You will introduced to Mentoring. Your commitment
is to spend the day with someone with a disability.  The mentees are
prescreened and the matches based on interest.

An nice perk for volunteering is a picnic in Gracie Mansion with the
Mayor.

The Presentation Will Include:

·     How Disability Mentoring Day works and what do we expect from
mentors

·       Why being a mentor enriches your career and your companies’
culture

·       Success Stories that will inspire you

·       Why Diversity Works

Thank you and I hope to see you there!

Christian Valle
Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities
100 Gold Street, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10038

Tel:     212.341.3961
Main Tel:     212.788.2830
TTY:     212.788.2838
Fax:     212.341.9843
Email:  CValle at cityhall.nyc.gov
  P please do not print this e-mail unless necessary

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail communication and any attachments
may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the
designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended
communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you
have received this communication in error, please notify me
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer. Thank you.