[Fredslist] Rode the Circuit Two Days In A Row

Joel Schnur joel at schnurassociates.com
Thu Nov 5 17:18:58 EST 2009

Dear Along The Network:

I was "back in the saddle again" after a lengthy absence and rode the
circuit yesterday and today. Went to GLBT (or is it LGBT?-people there used
both) for the first time ever and Bandit for the third in the last two
years. As can be expected there was a great crowd in both. I saw some long
time friends  and made some new ones and will be following up with some
prospects.

Met a spa/salon capes/aprons manufacturer from my old 'hood in The Bronx at
GLBT and convinced him to try Bandit with me today. Not sure if he will join
The Tribe but in the interim helped set him up with The Bronx Economic
Development Corporation, the local Councilmember and  the Borough
President's office in his search for potential financial programs for his
company-manufacturing has particular funding ops- and with my son, who has a
side business that sells a niche item to salons.

All of this within 24 hours.

And today at Bandit we had a Gotham first time ever presentation that
engaged everyone in the room. Kathy Yohalem went around the table (the giant
one in the second floor room) and had everyone throw out a business issue
and provided on the spot free business advice with audience participation.

So I learned that I need to better explain what a lobbyist does (can I do
that without getting indicted?)in order for people better understand what it
is that I do. Good point and I am going to try doing that when I visit
Bandit Too on the 18th where "Kat" will be doing this fantastic display of
her "catalyst for profitability" routine, once again. If you can, try and
catch it. It is superb!

All the best, all the time to all of you.

Joel

___________________________

Joel Schnur

Senior VP