[Fredslist] Volunteering suggestions

Priscilla Stephan pstephan5656 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 08:48:28 EST 2009

Happy New Year everyone!

One of my goals this year is to get involved in the community and volunteer. I was wondering if any of you have recommendations of organizations with whom  you yourself volunteer or know someone that does.

My immediate interests are: homeless/soup kitchens, sponsoring children, working with immigrant children (bi-lingual), helping abused women/counseling.  I am certainly open to any group that is a good fit. I would not want to mentor someone on an on-going basis quite yet.

Many thanks and here's wishing all of you a blessed and abundant year!

Priscilla