[Fredslist] IT Job Opening at Xand

Jim Kramer JKramer at xand.com
Mon Aug 11 07:57:48 EDT 2008

If you have a moment, I'd appreciate your help. Xand's data center
expansion is nearing completion, and we're looking for people. Please
take a look and forward this job on to anyone you think would be
interested in the position, or anyone else who could help me find a
great candidate.

Company: Xand Corporation
Job Title: Windows Systems Administrator
professional with 3 or more years experience managing various server and
network technologies to join its Operations group. This person will be
instrumental in supporting and enhancing a fast-paced, data
center/colocation environment.

Overall, the successful candidate will be a superior problem solver.
He/She will be someone who is adept at keeping up-to-date with the
latest technical trends; can commit to and meet tight deadlines; and is
at the same time capable of following established process within a 24x7
environment.

Above all, applicants must be customer-focused and continuously strive
to maintain the utmost level of system performance, security, and
stability.

Qualifications

The applicant should be experienced with general system administration
duties including (but not limited to): performing backups, performance
tuning, capacity-planning, recommending and implementing security
measures, user account management, automating processes, new systems
deployment, and maintaining optimized connectivity between systems.

The successful candidate will have over 3 years experience focused in
Windows 2000 and 2003 server. An MCSE is preferred, but comparable
experience is also adequate. A strong working knowledge of deploying and
troubleshooting complex technologies, such as web services, Domain Name
Services, DHCP, Active Directory, SMTP gateways, SPAM filtering, and
VPNs is required; as is a strong knowledge of securing data
communications.

This person will be instrumental in Xand's continued expansion. It is
essential he or she have experience deploying and managing numerous
customer environments. Project management experience is a strong plus.

Experience with the following are also required (Windows):

- Enterprise Backup Systems running on Windows (Tivoli a plus)
- Active Directory setup and design
- Exchange 2003 Setup, Backup, Management, Troubleshooting
- Group Policy creation, management and deployment
- SQL Server setup and management
- Performance management using built-in or other commercial tools
- Management of Global Antivirus and/or Spyware service

Please have them email me their info- I will pass it on.

Thanks

Jim Kramer
Vice President, Sales
Xand Corporation