[Fredslist] Looking for post-Civil war stories/talent for History Channel documentary

David W. Padrusch david at limulusproductions.com
Tue Oct 18 15:54:47 EDT 2005

All,

It's that time again-- the time when I go fishing in the vast Gotham lake
for stories and talent for my latest documentary.

This program is currently entitled, "1866: Aftershock."  It is a two-hour
hi-definition special in which I am exploring the violence, vigilantism, and
insurgencies that ripped through the post-Civil War South.

I have already been in touch with the usual suspects of
historians/authors/history professors, and have found a wealth of great
talent.  But what I am looking for now is a "homegrown" story-- one that
nobody has ever heard about-- told by a great-great grandson of a former
slave turned militia leader fighting against the Klan.  Or the
great-great-great granddaughter of one of the original Klan members.  So
anybody who has direct personal stories, preferably with pictures, to tell.

Some of the topics we will be highlighting:

1) 1866 New Orleans Massacre
2) Rise of the Klan in Tennessee
3) Bill "Bloody" Brownlow takes on the Klan
4) The Lowry Gang-- native American guerilla fighters in North Carolina.
5) The Lee-Peacock feud in North Texas.

Thanks so much for your help!

David
--