[Fredslist] 10 Days to RETIREMENT-July 31 at Noon

Odey Raviv dr.odeyraviv at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 08:03:21 EDT 2023

Hello Gothamites,

At our June Encores meeting, we had an enlightening conversation about our
member's feelings and perspectives about the "concept" of Retirement in
2023.
We concluded that retirement is not what it was when we watched television
in the 60's and 70's.  Retirement was painted as a "Golden" period to reach
for and dream
about.  Playing cards, golfing, and going fishing was the promised land.

Now the landscape and our mind sets on those years have clearly changed.
We are looking forward to rethinking age and aging with an authority on the
subject.  Dr. Debbie Heiser is an Applied Developmental
Psychologist, a TEDX speaker, Founder of the Mentor Project, an author, and
frequent guest on radio, podcasts, and television.  Dr. Heiser will join us
at our Encores meeting on Monday, July 31 at noon.

All are welcome to be part of what promises to be a great discussion.
After Dr. Heiser joined us for a meeting in 2022, she published an article
about Gotham Networking and Encores for Psychology Today. (available on the
Gotham
website). Perhaps, your insights on 7/31 might be written about!

Contact me for the zoom link.
Have a great weekend and best,
Odey
--