[Fredslist] Nassau County Dept of Parks sham

Ester Horowitz witsowitz at outlook.com
Tue Apr 6 17:59:13 EDT 2021

Dear Tribe
To say I'm upset, is an understatement.

NC dept of parks arranged that all vendors who use the parks for any reason have to pay 12% to the park. It means that along with the $400 permit I paid to host my husband's 80th birthday June 5, any food or entertainment I use will cost me 12% over above the real fee back to the park.

How do I make this really public, do we have Newsday and local media contacts? It's economic rape.

I was not advised of this when securing the permit yesterday, which is non refundable. I was told by the food vendor that the entertainment I secured two months ago before there was a food vendor arranged must go through them in order to pay 12% back to the parks dept.

The park only told me at the time, when I inquired about the rules to bring in entertainment, that my only obligation regarding food would be to go through a yet unknown caterer for the food. No one ever mentioned that both would require 12% fee back to the park that comes out of my pocket over and above the permit.

It feels like economic rape. Plain and simple.

Not ok.