[Fredslist] Guidance for New York gyms coming sooner rather than later, per Lt. Governor

Corey Bearak bearak at me.com
Fri Jul 31 17:36:53 EDT 2020

Guidance for New York gyms coming sooner rather than later, per Lt. Governor
George Stockburger <https://www.mytwintiers.com/author/george-stockburger/>Jul 30, 2020 / 03:56 PM EDT
NY News <https://www.mytwintiers.com/news-header/ny-news/>

Gyms are one of the few businesses that remain closed in New York, but Lieutenant Governor Kathy Hochul tells 18 News that could change “sooner rather than later.”

While there is no timeline for gyms to reopen, Hochul says that the state is working with health officials to ensure that gyms can be safe when those much-anticipated guidelines do come out.

“We are working on protocols that will make sure that when they do reopen, and they will reopen, that the environment is sterile, that the virus does not have the opportunity to spread because of the activity.”

Gyms were originally expected to reopen in phase four <https://www.mytwintiers.com/home/video/top-video/local-gym-owners-angry-phase-four-reopening-will-not-include-gyms/>, which the Southern Tier entered in late June, but they were scratched from the reopening plan.

One reason Hochul says gyms are not ready to reopen is that they don’t want to move to fast after seeing cases of COVID-19 spike across the country. There are also issues with people coming off unemployment to work at a gym and then potentially have to go back on the program if they have to shut down again.

“That’s even more devastating and we don’t want to have to do that in the state of New York.”

Hochul added that she recently talked to health experts in Buffalo, Syracuse, and Rochester who said that gyms are a “bad environment where the virus can spread more easily.

Hochul stressed that herself and Governor Andrew Cuomo “want to see all businesses reopen in New York” but that it has to be done smartly.

You can watch our entire interview with Lt. Governor Hochul at link below:

https://www.mytwintiers.com/news-header/ny-news/guidance-for-new-york-gyms-coming-sooner-rather-than-later-per-lt-governor/
Corey B. Bearak, Esq.
Government & Public Affairs Counsel
Networker of the Year-2012| co-chair, GOtham GREEN® | Gotham Towers | LI Legal | Gotham Power Breakfast Chair | Gotham Sponsorships Chair |  Gotham Sundays Blogger | Moderator, Fredslist & Gotham Promos
P.O. Box 135, Glen Oaks, NY 11004
(718) 343-6779 ♦ facsimile (888) 379-3492
Corey at CoreyBearak.com <mailto:Corey at CoreyBearak.com> ♦ StrategicPublicPolicy.com <http://strategicpublicpolicy.com/> ♦ Bearak on Twitter <http://twitter.com/Bearak>
Author, The Public Ought To Know <https://intelligentarts.net/the-public-ought-to-know/>, available on Kindle <https://amzn.to/36ByeQJ> and Nook <http://bit.ly/2O7HRjB> and Apple <https://apple.co/2tPxday> devices
If you receive this email and did not request it, please reply and I will kindly remove your email address from the list.
This Internet Email Transmission may contain Confidential or Privileged Information which is intended only for use by the individual or entity for which the transmission is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, dissemination, copying or distribution of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify this office by telephone immediately so that we can arrange for the return of the documents to us at no cost to you.
[sent from my MacBook Pro]