[Fredslist] Prospective client needs attorney experienced in insurance compensation/commissions chargeback disputes

David Abeshouse davidlaw at optonline.net
Mon Aug 7 10:57:05 EDT 2017

A friend writes:

Hi David. Hope you're having a good summer.  A valued contact is seeking an
attorney to represent him in a dispute with an insurance company.  The
dispute involves a "chargeback" of commissions. Because of a terminated
policy, the company is attempting to collect several hundred thousand
dollars of case commissions paid to the broker over four years.  The
insurance company's corporate office is in California and the contract venue
is Orange County. The broker is in New York.  The case is not in formal
collection yet, but the company has sent letters requesting immediate
payment of the full amount.  There is a formal contract. Here is a snippet
of it: "This contract shall be construed and interpreted In accordance with
the laws of the State of California, and any legal actions relating to this
contract shall be brought In Orange County, California, in the courts of the
State of California or on Orange or Los Angeles County, California In the
courts of the United States of America." There is no dispute resolution
clause, or mention of arbitration. Could I ask you to reach out to your
network to see if anyone has experience with big dollar insurance
compensation disputes? Most likely, this will end in a negotiated
settlement, but it could get complex.  So I can more easily forward replies,
please use this email for the posting:  <mailto:ref at proroundtable.com>
ref at proroundtable.com

If you know an Orange County, CA attorney experienced in insurance
compensation/commissions chargeback disputes and can handle the litigation
if it goes that far, please respond directly to my friend's e-mail address,
so he can forward replies to the potential client.

Thanks,

David

Gotham L.I.

LODA2000LogoReduced

David J. Abeshouse

Law Office of David J. Abeshouse | 626 RXR Plaza | Uniondale, New York 11556
| Ph:  <tel:516-229-2360> 516-229-2360 | Fax:  <tel:516-229-2361>
516-229-2361 |  <mailto:David at BizLawNY.com> David at BizLawNY.com |
<http://www.bizlawny.com/> www.BizLawNY.com  | Member, INBLF.com

B2B Dispute Resolution: Business Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) Lawyer
| Business Arbitrator/Mediator: AAA (LCC Panel), ICDR, Resolute Systems,
Forum, NCBA ADR Panels, ADR Center | ADR Law Consultant

View my profiles at
<http://www.ccaarbitration.org/find-an-arbitrator/arbitrator-profile/?member
_id=1> College of Commercial Arbitrators |
<http://www.nadn.org/david-abeshouse> National Academy of Distinguished
Neutrals <http://www.nadn.org/david-abeshouse>   |
<http://www.nymediators.org/david-abeshouse> New York Academy of Mediators
and Arbitrators |
<http://www.mediate.com/mediator/details.cfm?id=25572&ac=516> Mediate.com |
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/abeshouse/> LinkedIn |
<http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/11556-ny-david-abeshouse-853883.html> Avvo

Listed in New York Metro Super Lawyers for 2007, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015,
2016; category: Alternative Dispute Resolution Law.  Independent lawyer peer
review rated by Martindale: A-V Preeminent/5.0 out of 5.0 ranking.