[Fredslist] Brooklyn Power Breakfast Group Revs Up

Susan Barbara Master susanbmesq at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 13:13:05 EST 2016

This morning, perched high above the Brooklyn skyline in a National Grid conference room with a commanding view of Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan, the Brooklyn Power Breakfast Group set its sights on increasing membership and showcasing its current members.  Group chairs Corey Bearak, whom the public really ought to know due to his fabulous insight into government and public affairs, and Peter Kettle, money manager extraordinaire at Morgan Stanley, presided over a full room of Gothamites and guests.

Andrew Barnes and Lou Rizzo from host National Grid enlightened us about energy efficiency.  Besides hinting about a return to the top in the upcoming Gotham Battle of the Bands, Curt Arnel introduced the newest member of his matrimonial law practice, and maybe of Gotham, his daughter Lauren Arnel.  Maureen McCarthy explained how her law practice brings businesses together, while litigator Vincent Chirico noted that Gotham brings its members together, as he, Curt, and Maureen have been able to share client leads seamlessly.

Our circuit riders and guests added their own interesting contributions.  Tony Guggino, from Elite Advisors Insurance Services had something to say about Social Security that everyone over 65 needs to know.  Publisher and editor Walter Sanchez distributed some issues of his Queens Ledger/Brooklyn Star newspapers.  Denise Eardman spoke about her printing and website design.  Gil Cygler discussed how he transitioned from the car rental business into insurance for fleets of limos and ambulettes.  We had a representative from Investors Bank and were treated to the insightful questions and comments of Richard Bearak, who handles land use issue at Brooklyn Borough Hall.

I added to the mix by reporting back on this past Sunday's blood drive that I arranged through Maimonides Hospital in memory of my father, Marvin Master.  It was an overwhelming success, with 53 units of blood collected.  There is talk that this will become an annual event.  We far surpassed the amount of blood collected at the last drive conducted in my neighborhood two years ago.  And, as basketball season is quickly coming to a close, I gave word about the last few remaining all-you-can-eat Brooklyn Nets tickets that I still have available.

Our next breakfast will be on Wednesday, April 20.  So plug into the Brooklyn Power Breakfast Group and get that energy surge to start your day off with Brooklyn's spark!

=0)  Susan Master
       Section 15, Row 10
       Barclays Center
       Brooklyn, USA