[Fredslist] Catcher returns ball

Robert OLIVARI robertolivari at verizon.net
Fri Sep 12 11:00:48 EDT 2014

I was unable to attend last night and the wonderful tribute . The Crowthers bring dignity and hope leading us all  past the horrific events of that awful day.

parenthetically, I was in the first row of the upper deck in right field at Yankee Stadium when the President threw out the first pitch in the 2001 World Series. It was a wonderful moment of unity that unfortunately passed from our national consciousness all too soon.

I'll never forget the flyover by Navy fighter bombers…the rumbling was felt when they were quite a distance away and just grew and grew in intensity until the entire upper deck was shaking and the flyover was low…really low. I vividly remember seeing the detail in the underside of one of the planes.

The psychological effect of being that close was very intense. I couldn't help but be in awe and the symbol of strength up close really gave me a sense of confidence in what our military response would be.

Bob O.