[Fredslist] HAVE YOU HAD PROBLEMS COLLECTING FROM YOUR CLIENTS?

Sherry Rivera sherryrivera1 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 22:43:24 EST 2014

Recently Tom Hanik one of our esteemed members sent out the following email
on Fredslist:

Most of us are in "service" industries, so this will probably resonate with
the majority of you out there. A question that was posed to me recently
involved collecting on accounts receivables. It's a delicate dance.

In a "service" industry, from time to time, you get stuck between a rock
and a hard place. Do I push the billing of my client and risk loosing their
future business? in other words, sometimes our business is called upon to
"eat" the bill for our client. No problem when it is infrequent and it's a
good client.

But what happens when the accounts receivable start adding up and it's time
for that dreaded call?

Do you have an idea or suggestion that helps improve getting paid on those
ARs and not loosing clients?

*At the next Construction meeting we will take on that issue as it pertains
to those in the Construction and related industries.  Actually ANY industry
is impacted by this situation.  Most of us CANNOT "eat" it and have to find
an appropriate way of dealing with the issue while still keeping the
customer if possible.*

*Please join us for lunch on Wed November 19 for the last Construction
meeting of 2014 and share your experiences on the subject, your questions,
and your solutions.  We expect a lively discussion including when to cut
customers loose, effective solutions to problems like these, possible
preemptive measures and pitfalls.*

*We are an OPEN group so all are welcome.  We especially welcome guests and
Circuit Riders to spice up the conversation.*

*Wednesday** November 19 12:15-2 at the Friars Club*

*Please use the link below to RSVP:*

*https://gothamnetworking.isecuresites.com/group/Construction/1839
<https://gothamnetworking.isecuresites.com/group/Construction/1839>*

​*(PS.  IF YOU HAVEN'T HAD PROBLEMS WITH COLLECTIONS WE REALLY NEED YOU TO
COME AND SHARE YOUR SUCCESS AND TEACH US WHAT YOU DO.)​*

*-- *
*Sherry Rivera*
LEED Green Associate
*ENVIRRON*
NYC and NY State WBE Certified
*UVC Technology*
*Supplier of Commercial & Industrial Building & Maintenance Materials*

*Indoor Air Quality, Energy Efficiency, Sustainability*
*Financing for Commercial Real Estate and Green projects*

100 North Village Avenue Suite 21
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
516 458-5384 Mobile
516 594-1400 Office