[Fredslist] Want to see me hula hoop? Help my Birthday Wishes team

Becky Blackler becky at thecforoundtable.com
Wed Mar 12 10:38:16 EDT 2014

Good morning Gotham,

As you may know, my organization, The CFO RoundTable, chooses a local
charity every year to fundraise for and donate to.

It's one of the best parts of my job - it's our opportunity to help support
the community in which we live, work and grow in. In the past, we've raised
$25K for Autism Speaks and $30K for the Wounded Warrior Project.

This year, we've selected Birthday Wishes
<http://www.birthdaywishes.org/>as our charity of choice. Founded in
Massachusetts, this organization works
with over 180 homeless shelters in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Long
Island, NY, to give homeless children birthday parties.

While it might seem a little silly, think about it - birthdays are one of
the most special days of the year for a kid, and despite their living
situation, these kids deserve to have one day of their year that's their
own to feel special and celebrated.

*Last year,* *Birthday Wishes produced 18,000 birthday parties for homeless
children in 3 states alone*. And while we can't solve homelessness through
our fundraising efforts, we can at least give these 18,000 or more kids a
chance to have a day to shine.

To help support this cause, The CFO RoundTable will be participating in
Birthday Wishes' Annual CakeWalk on 5/15/14. Our team page can be found
here:
https://birthdaywishes.myetap.org/fundraiser/CakeWalk2014/team.do?participationRef=1101.0.562066502

*We're going to match dollar-for-dollar up to the first $5,000 dollars
donated - this means that $5,000 raised can turn $10,000 for Birthday
Wishes. To sweeten the pot, I've promised to do the following:*

   - *$1,000*: I will sing campfire songs throughout the first 1K
   - *$2,000*: I will hula hoop at the 3K marker
   - *$3,000*: I will wear Super Hero costumes of their choice for the 2K
   - *$4,000*: I will wheel barrow across the finish line
   - *$5,000*: The top donor will get to choose the costumes for Jack and
   Becky to wear to walk the 4K

I promise pictures and video to everyone who donates!

To get started, all you need to do is:

   1. Go to our team page here:
   https://birthdaywishes.myetap.org/fundraiser/CakeWalk2014/team.do?participationRef=1101.0.562066502
   2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the 'Sponsor Our Team'
   button
   3. Complete the donation form as requested and click 'Submit' when
   complete

All of your donations are tax-deductible, and remember, any amount donated
is appreciated.

Thank you for your consideration and support, and of course, call me if you
have any questions.

Take care,

Becky

Becky Blackler