[Fredslist] Triple Shoutouts: Liz Saldaña & Jane Beddall & Shelly Simpson

Tessa Marquis tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com
Mon Apr 21 15:14:57 EDT 2014

Liz Saldaña – naturally! – managed to cut through the mess on my desk(top)
today with her reminder to “Check out my latest column in the Gotham
Gazette”. Not only did I take time out of my cluttered worklife to read her
article, I benefitted greatly by reading it. She reminded me of when I lived
in Manhattan and used to walk back & forth to work from my Westside
(Chelsea) apartment to Midtown
 and later on to the Upper Eastside. I was
much thinner as a result – along with my diet of Jack Daniels, Camel
unfiltered cigarettes, and snickers bars. It was such a pleasure to walk in
NY in the 70s, fewer megabuildings and more small businesses to peek into.

And!

The profile by Shelly Simpson – who somehow gets you comfortable enough to
answer her very probing questions - of Jane Beddall was fabulous! It truly
captured Jane’s charm and wit. Can you meet her in person? Why yes you can.
She is a steady circuit rider and we proudly claim her for membership in the
Gotham New Haven Group. Next meeting? May 13th.
http://www.gothamnetworking.com/m/events/view/New-Haven-Meeting-2013-12-28-1

Thank you Liz for reminding me to take some time out to enjoy the Gazette
for a healthy (non cigarette) break from the busy-ness of business.

Tessa Marquis
Member, Gotham New Haven

“It is Better to Give than to Receive”
“Whatever Goes around, Comes around”

 <http://www.newstandardinstitute.com/> New Standard Institute, Inc.

Specializing in Electrical & Mechanical Skills and Maintenance Management
training.
“Training that Works
for People who Work”

84 Broad Street  |  Milford, CT 06460  |  USA
203.783.1582 x101
 <mailto:tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com>
tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com