[Fredslist] NYS grants huge relief to nonprofits under $500k

William Skody William at skodyscot.com
Fri Apr 11 14:09:00 EDT 2014

Since the beginning of January 2014, I have been pressing the Attorney General's office to give filing relief to small nonprofits with revenues under $500,000
NYS AG went official with my request, NYS Char-500's extended and filed after July 1, 2014 can use the new increased thresholds.

So any nonprofit with a fiscal year end of August 31, 2013 or later, that extends their return until after July 1, 2014, may use the new thresholds for AG filings.

But just in case you don't believe me:
http://www.charitiesnys.com/nonprofit_rev_act.jsp

Great news for nonprofits with revenues under $500,000 !

Thanks,
William Skody, CPA for nonprofits
T(212) 967-1100 x202

New Address: 520 8th Avenue, Suite 2200, NY NY 10018