[Fredslist] Need Advice for Tablet Purchase

Phyllis Newbert panewbert at theheartsaver.com
Tue Nov 19 20:47:43 EST 2013

I need some advice regarding Tablets.  I am not at all familiar with their
capabilities but am looking for something that I can conveniently carry
when traveling but still be able to work on documents even when not
connected to the Internet.  At present, I travel with a 19 inch laptop that
is too heavy.

Can I use a flash drive with a tablet?  I have an android phone and use
Google apps for email.  I use windows and I am not the most tech savvy
person for sure.  I was investigating the Microsoft Surface and would want
to also purchase a keyboard for it.

Any advice, experience or recommendations?  I would prefer to keep the cost
under $500.

Thank you!

Phyllis

Phyllis Anne Newbert