[Fredslist] High School Oratorical contest - rave review

Phyllis Weiss Haserot pwhaserot at pdcounsel.com
Sat Nov 9 17:03:53 EST 2013

All of you Gothamites who missed this first annual event today missed something spectacular!!!
Kudos to all involved from Gotham: Jaclyn Schess, chair; Nancy Schess, Victoria Roberts Drogin, the host at Mercy College, , judges and sponsors, and those who came to cheer them on.

And most amazing are the 3 high school students who bravely and passionately performed their 6-8 minute presentations. It was beyond inspiring to witness their talent and observe their skill. No doubt they have great futures as speakers. Despite all the electronic communicating done in business, the ability to get up in front of an audience, tell stories and be persuasive with authenticity, energy, and like-ability is invaluable. I hope this inspires more high schools to develop oratorical programs.

I am so glad I attended. Though not a judge, I took lots of notes on both their performance and the topics they chose.

Next year, don't miss it!! Get an advance look at the potential of this next generation (still to be officially named: Generation Z, Generation Re, Digital Natives, ???)
Phyllis

> Phyllis Weiss Haserot
> Practice Development Counsel
> Consulting/Coach to the Next Generation
> Author of "The Rainmaking Machine: Marketing Planning, Strategy and Management for Law Firms" and "The Marketer's Handbook of Tips & Checklists"
> * Next Generation, Next Destination*
> * Cross-Generational Conversation*
>
> Voice:: 212-593-1549
> pwhaserot at pdcounsel.com