[Fredslist] What a Sunday

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Mon Jun 10 09:58:28 EDT 2013

So I sit on the train this morning during this lousy weather and my thoughts drift to the events of yesterday...

I want to thank Shelley Simpson for GCing the highline tour yesterday and everyone who came. For me this is what makes Gotham worth being a part of. The community of friends who understand that Gotham is so much more than business. It was a wonderful day!  Fred even met a rabbi on the highline and was recruiting him to join Gotham!  What a NYC and Gotham moment!

After the highline tour I went to a memorial service for an amazing person. His friends and family spent 2 hours reading poetry (much of it he wrote) and singing in praise of his life and loss. It was without a doubt one of the most moving experiences I have ever been at.  For a person to be lucky enough for their life to be filled with so much love that it bubbles over into song after they are gone, I am in awe.

So now here I am on the train thinking of the sunny highline tour and a memorial that although sad was so joyous I am left with a glow despite this gloomy day.

For those of you who did not make the tour I will be doing it again in the fall. Hope to see you there.

Josh

Joshua Zinder
JZA+D