[Fredslist] TODAY in Albany - State of Internet Surveillance

Raj Goel, CISSP raj at brainlink.com
Tue Jun 4 08:05:23 EDT 2013

Today at 3 pm, I am presenting at the New York State Dept Of Homeland
Security Cybersecurity conference  on this topic.

The social, technical and LEGAL challenges in using cloud computing -
from cell phones to social media to google/aws/etc.

If you are in the Albany area, stop by and say hello!

-----------

I've been presenting on this topic since 2005
- I am presenting this live in HELSINKI, Finland in July
- Brighttalk is hosting me for a webinar on this in July
- ASIS is hosting me for a webinar in July
- I am presenting at ASIS 59 in Chicago in Sept this year

The real problem with the cloud boils down to:

ECPA
PATRIOT Act
FISA

------

You might want to read an awesome special report by the
Economist at
http://www.economist.com/news/special-report/21574628-internet-was-expected-help-democratise-china-instead-it-has-enabled

China has the best functioning, robust, internet-surveillance state.

What they are doing today, the rest of the world will do tomorrow.

And American corporations, primarily Cisco and Blue Coat, helped build the Repressive Firewalls of China, Syria, Egypt, Australia, etc.

--Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
raj at brainlink.com
www.brainlink.com
www.linkedin.com/in/rajgoel
www.rajgoel.com
You run your business, and leave the IT to us.

Author of "The Most Important Secrets To Getting Great Results From IT"