[Fredslist] A trip to remember - Italy - thank you

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Wed Aug 21 21:23:40 EDT 2013

Gotham,
As some of you may remember 2 years ago I took my oldest daughter to Paris when she was 16/17 as a way of honoring my father and his request that I take my kids aboard at that age.  Well I have just returned from a crazy wonderful trip with my second Daughter to Italy. We went to Rome, Florence and Venice there was so much that I can't cover it all here but it was all great from the restaurants, hotels, to the tours and guides to the amazingly spontaneous experiences. I will gladly share input for anyone who needs it if you are going to these places.

I have to note that none of my experience would have been possible without Gotham member Cheri Elferis and her colleague Cheryl Katz at Pro Travel.  Their planning and leg work made the trip not just possible but absolutely amazing! The places we stayed and advice and coordination they did was out of this world.  Planning trip? They are the people to call they are GREAT!!!!!

One example.  One of the only things that I wanted to do on the trip (the rest was really my daughter as I have been there before) was get into the Vasari corridor (the connection between the Palazzo Vechio, Uffizi and Palazzo Pitti in Florence)  ProTravel got me into the corridor with a tour of the Uffizi that was just out of this world the guide was amazing.  It was an experience I will never forget, and I will say anyone who goes to Florence without taking this tour is missing a hugely significant experience.

Thank you Cheri and Cheryl!!!!!

Josh

Joshua Zinder, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Principal