[Fredslist] NSa, FBI, Raj Goel - Today at NYIT Columbus Circle today

Raj Goel, CISSP raj at brainlink.com
Thu Sep 20 09:03:54 EDT 2012

Gothamites,

      I'm presenting today at NYIT's 2nd annual CyberSecurity
Conference.

My fellow presenters include the NSA, FBI, CA and others.

ABOUT THE CONFERENCE:

Join cyber security experts and government officials on Sept. 20, 2012
to discuss cyber vulnerability and how individuals and organizations
can  protect themselves against cyber attacks.

LOCATION:
NYIT Auditorium on Broadway
 1871 Broadway at 61st Street
 New York City

ABOUT MY PRESENTATION:

Social Media has quickly woven itself into the very fabric of everyday
life. This boom in sharing, even the most banal of details, has  had a
resounding impact on how our children, employees and colleagues
communicate.
Using case studies from the US and around the world, we’ll examine
how people have lost jobs, college admissions, college degrees,
fortunes  and freedom through (un)social media.

I’ll also investigate the rampant OVERCOLLECTION of customer and
subscriber data by major corporations and governments.

We’ll also discuss some strategies and steps we can take to protect
civil liberties and privacy in the age of Social Media.

http://www.nyit.edu/conferences/cyber_security_conference/

WHY?
So, why am I telling you all this?

Because Social Media, Digital Surveillance and FISA are getting out of
control.

I speak truth to power...sometimes, that's not safe.

And in case I get hauled away by guys in dark shades and black
helicopters... :-)

--Raj

Rajesh Goel, CISSP
cell (917) 685-7731
CTO: Brainlink International, Inc.
You run your business, and leave the IT to us.
raj at brainlink.com
www.brainlink.com
www.linkedin.com/in/rajgoel

Author of "The Most Important Secrets To Getting Great Results From
IT"
http://www.amazon.com/Important-Secrets-Getting-Great-Results/dp/0984424814