[Fredslist] 9/11 Boatlift

Howard Lipset lipset at progressivemanage.com
Fri May 25 10:15:54 EDT 2012

I have never seen this before.
It is amazing to watch Americans come together without regard for race,
religion, wealth or any differentiating factor.
If you want to feel pride in your country, this is a much watch video

 *http://www.youtube.com/v/MDOrzF7B2Kg?version=3*<http://www.youtube.com/v/MDOrzF7B2Kg?version=3>

  *Little known and very moving; 500,000 were evacuated in nine hours. This
was more than the 350,000 from Dunkirk in WWII which was done over the
course of 8 days.*

      *9/11 Boatlift:  This video of events during 9/11 will ‘grab’ you.
Eleven years have passed since that terrible day and this is the first I’ve
known and seen of what took place on the waterfront of Manhattan .  An
evacuation of a half million civilians by water craft – the only way out
for those who were there.  Quite likely, this may be the first time you’ve
seen this video of such a major evacuation and perhaps, like me, even had
any idea that such took place.  The fear of those who were there and
waiting to be rescued had to be tremendous.  Also tremendous was the
gallant effort of those boat and ship Captains who moved them to safety.  *
*It might be hard to watch for some.  It’s well worth the time.** Absolutely
unbelievable. *

--
Howard Lipset
Progressive Management Inc.