[Fredslist] Question about Medical Insurance Follow-Up

Abby Siegel abbysiegel43 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 22:38:59 EDT 2012

Hello Gotham!
Thanks to everyone who reached out to me offering their expertise and assistance during my minor freakout last night. As it turns out my doctor filed a claim with my insurance company for the mole removal which was WAY over the cost of the procedure because that's what they apparently do so the insurance companies will pay them something. What I received (which I soon figured out) was just an explanation of benefits that said that my insurance did NOT cover the procedure I had done as it was out-of-network and therefore I would be responsible for xx amount of money.

Well, there is a reason I go to this particular doctor. His office manager responded to my frantic email with the utmost sincerity and professionalism, and she is the person who will bill me after SHE actually learns what I already seemed to learn from the insurance company. She is even willing to go out of her way to find a way for the insurance company to cover the procedure, and if not I will then just pay the doctor what we originally discussed-fine by me!!!!

So thanks again and I really appreciate the help and advice. :)
Abby

Sent from my iPad