[Fredslist] NYC Parking Ticket ARRRGGGG

Lucas Meyer lucas at 5thstreetadvisors.com
Thu Mar 15 15:16:25 EDT 2012

Hello Along the Network,

This morning, my wife was buying Zabar's for dinner tonight and parked
her car on the street.  She put money in the muni-meter, put the receipt
in the windshield, was back way before time was up and still found a $65
ticket under her windshield wiper.

I haven't gotten a parking ticket in New York City in many, many years,
and have no recollection of how to proceed in this case.  Should I send
in the ticket along with a copy of the muni-meter receipt?  Or is there
some other way of handling this.  One thing I'm not going to do is to go
parking court, if such a thing exists.  But I've got to resolve this
because I live in New York State, and they'll block my registration if I
don't clear the problem.

Any and all help much appreciated.

Lucas J. Meyer

5th Street Advisors, LLC