[Fredslist] Were Hiring

Lawrence Sprung lsprung at mitlinfinancial.com
Thu Jan 26 13:29:29 EST 2012

Dear Tribe,

I always see fellow Gothamites posting resumes friends and clients looking for work, so I am going to give this a shot.  My firm located in Hauppauge is looking to hire, please have those interested follow the process outlined below and please no recruiters.

We are a local firm looking to hire someone to assist in the operation of our Financial Planning and Asset Management office.

This opportunity reports directly to the President of the firm who is willing to act as a mentor to a motivated and qualified professional.
We are seeking someone that is interested in gaining experience in a financial planning practice who is client service oriented with exceptional administrative skills.

Responsibilities of the position will include:
* Set-up and prepare for appointments
* Respond to client calls and provide client service
* Calendar and schedule management; including arrange, confirm and manage extremely detailed calendar; scheduling complex senior-level meetings and related logistics.
* Information management; maintaining efficient filing and organization systems
* Completion of ad-hoc administrative requests and/or projects in a timely and thorough manner
* Transfer and track new client money en route to our custodians
* Fill out and process new account applications
* Run and update financial plans for clients using our software
* Prepare Quarterly Asset Summaries (from multiple custodians) for client reviews
* Process distributions and transactions for clients

Qualifications required:
* This position is highly visible as it is the focal point for delivering a great client experience so strong customer service skills are required
*Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage the various activities of a financial services office
*Must be a self-starter who can work with minimal direction
*Ability to interact professionally with all levels of management, employees, clients and vendors
*Must be extremely detailed oriented to thrive in this highly regulated environment
*Ability to work independently and to prioritize tasks
*Bachelor's Degree, and/or at least 5 years of work experience in the financial planning/investment industry
*Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Professional Email Communication skills
*Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
*Strong Reading Comprehension Skills
*Ability to work effectively in fast-paced, complex, changing environment.
*The ability to accurately fill out an investment account application

Qualifications Preferred (but not required) skills/experience:
*Experience with TD Ameritrade or similar money management platforms
*Working knowledge of the investment world and financial concepts
*Has managed successful business offices before
*New York State Life / Health Insurance, Series 65 securities license is a plus

Screening performed
Because we employ a small number of people on our team, you will be screened thoroughly for your soft and quantitative skill-set.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLYING
Please e-mail your Cover Letter and Resume to: info at mitlinfinanical.com<mailto:info at mitlinfinanical.com>
Please put in the subject line Financial Planning Assistant / Office Manager Position

Lawrence D. Sprung, CFP(r)
President
Mitlin Financial, Inc.
(631) 952-4466
www.mitlinfinancial.com<http://www.mitlinfinancial.com/>

Please visit my blog at www.lawrencesprung.com<http://www.lawrencesprung.com/>

Investments | Financial Planning | Insurance| Estate Planning | Asset Management

Please be advised that communications regarding trades in your account are for informational purposes only.  You should continue to rely on confirmations and statements received from the custodian(s) of your assets.  The text of this communication is confidential, and use by any person who is not the intended recipient is prohibited.  Any person who receives this communication in error is requested to immediately destroy the text of this communication without copying or further dissemination.  Your cooperation is appreciated.

For your protection, please do not send confidential information such as social security numbers and account numbers via email.