[Fredslist] looking for space for a wine store

Joshua Zinder jzinder at joshuazinder.com
Tue Jan 17 15:41:47 EST 2012

Gotham,

A client of mine is looking for a space for a third location for his wine
store in NYC. He needs approx. 1,500 sq. ft.  this is what he is looking
for:

Here's a description of my overall specs - would love any referrals of space
that you might find:

*	Our concept is wine/spirits targeting trendy, younger, foodie crowd.

*	More important to be near dense residential than business or tourist
traffic.
*	Obviously, highly visible location, accessible to subway would be
nice.
*	Complementary businesses (food markets, bakeries, cheese shops,
etc.) nearby would be a plus.
*	Nearby competition okay if general liquor, but would rather not
compete directly with other specialty wine/spirits store.
*	I like west side, as I'll be coming in from NJ, but open to any area
if opportunity justifies.
*	Looking for 1000-1500 of retail + 500ish of storage/office on ground
floor or well-accessible basement.
*	projecting rev of $900-1200/sq ft and would like rent to be 10% of
rent, so $90-120/sq-ft max., but will consider higher if location stellar.
*	Willing to stake out an up-and-coming area if rent justifies.

Please let me know if you know of a space for him.

Thank you, all the best.

Josh

Joshua Zinder, AIA, LEED AP, NCARB
Principal