[Fredslist] Gotham thesaurus

Stuart Kamen skamen at platinumplatypus.com
Thu Apr 5 14:07:37 EDT 2012

Hello, Tribe,

After consulting with Fred, I come to you with the following goofy idea....

+++++

As a (still) relatively new member, I'd like to assist in putting together a "Gotham thesaurus" of some sort. I keep coming across certain terms or common parlance that are used frequently on Fredslist posts. Might be a fun project, but would need significant input from more established "tribal elders" to flesh this out a bit.

Sample entries:
"Renatto"
Named after the first member who said "thank you" in response to a Fredslist request. It also means that "I have plenty of input to work with. Please stop (as there are far more than enough responses to go through)." It was sent by member Renato Tichauer. (We added the extra "t" to distinguish from his name.)

~~~~

"Seelig"
In Gothamese, this is when a member, after receiving tribal feedback to a post, consolidates the answers and presents the responses via Fredslist for the benefit of all. It is named after Carol Seelig, the first Tribe member who fed back in this fashion. (It is normally accompanied by a Renatto, letting all know that they can stop responding.)

+++++

Something like that..... I am sure there are dozens more. (Actually, I am not sure. But, I assume that there are.)

Anyway, if anyone out there has anything that they'd like to contribute toward this rather strange endeavor, please send it my way. I'll be sure to send out a Renatto when I have enough ... and eventually a Seelig when a document is prepared....

Stu Kamen
EVP Corporate Accounts
Platinum Platypus, Inc.
skamen at platinumplatypus.com