[Fredslist] A call to act for one of our own

Ester Horowitz witsowitz at verizon.net
Wed Sep 28 10:15:45 EDT 2011

On the eve of Rosh Hashanah as we wish joyous new years to one another I
want to tell you about a family that is one of ours and in need of a simple
act that we do during the next 10 days which is to request being subscribed
in the book of life to come.  Whether you are religious, follow the
tradition, or not, this time I'm asking that you do.  One of our own is in a
heap of need.

Ariel Fixler is a vibrant and courageous 28 year old battling a rare form of
brain cancer.  It is a stage 4 cancer that has spread quickly to other
organs.  This is a woman who comes to the fight with grace and courage that
is not only humbling but never ceases to get old for the rest of us.  She
learned it from her Mother, Rona Wexler.

What you don't know is there is more than one battle front in Rona's life
involving key family members.  The other is degenerative.  Out of respect
for Rona I will not go into the details. But understand that Rona is our
sister, aunt, coach, mentor, and courage personified.

During the last half of 2009 my brothers and Mom were in various stages of
leg amputations and heart attacks.  My Mom lived in Florida and I lived in
New York.  From August of that year until her death, except for
Thanksgiving, my Mom never came home.  One Friday night, while attempting to
pack up my mother's life on one of my many trips, Rona came over with a
bottle of wine and helped me break down my parent's bedroom.  Their entire
life and personality was there.  Rona within seconds figured my mother out
and gave it a label no one in the family ever understood until that moment
because she had the expertise.  It set the stage for a peaceful goodbye
between my Mother and me.

During that winter, while Rona and her husband stayed in Florida, Rona would
be the surrogate daughter to my Mom.  She walked in one afternoon to my
Mom's facility, having never met my Mom before, sat down by her bedside, and
engaged my Mom as any daughter would.  That is Rona Wexler in the way she
conducts her life, her business, and her family dynamics.

What she asks of us is simple.  Engage in a healing prayer.  But what I want
to ask is a bit more yet equally as simple.  When you say thank you this
Rosh Hashanah, when you gather with family this Rosh Hashanah, when you
light a candle and say a prayer for loved ones lost this Yom Kippur, and
during the next 10 days of collective prayer for life sustenance in the
coming year, that you add a special one for Ariel Fixler, Rona Wexler, and
their beloved husband and dad.  They are our friends, loved ones, daughters,
granddaughters, aunts, cousins, and heros.

This year when we launch Gotham Gives Back Gives Blood shortly, it will be
dedicated to Ariel Fixler because she reminds us everyday of how lucky we
are and how courageous our children are.  I ask that if you give blood that
it be donated in her name.  Should it become necessary that our blood and
blood platelets give Ariel life.  Rona and her family would do no less for
us.  We can do no less for her.

Warmest Regards

Ester Horowitz CMC, CITRMS, CIISA

Growth and Protection in a changing world

www.m2powerinc.com

 516 409-0849

888 609-6828

"Some men see things as they are and say why?

I see things that never were and say why not?"

-George Bernard Shaw-

Recipient of the Networker of the Year Award

from Gotham City Networking

"It's better to give than receive but what goes around comes around."

How Naked Are You? How Naked is Your Business

Request the Test. Get Your Score.

www.myiceshield.com

Confidentiality Notice:
This message is intended exclusively for the individual(s) to whom it is
addressed.  This communication may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged, confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure.  If
you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print,
retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.  If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to this email, and delete all copies of this message. Thank you for
your cooperation.