[Fredslist] FW: One Day University -- satisfy your intellectual curiosity

David Abeshouse davidlaw at optonline.net
Wed Sep 21 14:00:59 EDT 2011

All:

This morning, I received the e-mail below from the founder of One Day
University.  He asks that we spread the word about ODU, and I think that's a
good idea, as I've enjoyed using their product/service several times over
the past few years, and have registered for another one in early October.
Essentially, they provide you with about a dozen choices and you select 4 or
5 one-hour-long courses on varying topics of interest (for example:
neuroscience, politics, literature, psychology, history, art, medicine, law)
taught by popular Ivy-quality professors - all in one day.  There are other
variations on this scenario, but that's the basic set-up.  I can think of
only one relative "clunker" among all of the hour-long classes I've taken,
and it probably was only because that one paled in comparison to the others,
some of which were stellar (both literally - astronomy - and figuratively).

When I took my first ODU course, the pre-recession price was literally
multiples of what they're charging now, and the quality has remained
consistent.  I took my daughter to one day of classes while she was a high
school senior to give her some insight into what college classes can be like
(although admittedly these are better, because they are presented by the
most popular professors at elite universities, and they jettison the dull
minutae and tend to provide either an in-depth investigation into a single
question or a comprehensive overview of a broader topic).  I went to one day
of courses on my own.  I also took a friend/colleague to another session a
couple of years ago, and he still talks about it enthusiastically.  And in
early October, I'll be taking my wife and daughter to another (this one's a
shorter evening event).

You can't beat the quality, new discounted price, or the mental stimulation.
I encourage you to check it out, as I doubt you'd be disappointed.  See
below for current offering details.

Best regards,

David

Gotham L.I.

David J. Abeshouse

Law Office of David Abeshouse

626 RXR Plaza

Uniondale, New York 11556

Ph: 516-229-2360 | Fax: 516-229-2361

Business Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution | Arbitrator/Mediator

 <mailto:David at BizLawNY.com> David at BizLawNY.com |  <http://www.BizLawNY.com>
www.BizLawNY.com

View my profile on:
<http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=743166&authType=name&authToken=fmBm
&trk=ppro_viewmore> LinkedIn |
<http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/11556-ny-david-abeshouse-853883.html> Avvo |
<http://www.mediate.com/mediator/details.cfm?id=25572&ac=516> Mediate.com

Selected as one of L.I. Pulse magazine's 2011 Top Long Island Legal Eagles:
The Top-Rated Attorneys (category: Alternative Dispute Resolution)

 <http://www.lipulse.com/trends/article/long-islands-top-legal-eagles-2011/>
http://www.lipulse.com/trends/article/long-islands-top-legal-eagles-2011/

Selection criteria: Independent lawyer peer review ratings from the
Martindale legal directory (A-V Preeminent/5.0 out of 5.0 ranking)