[Fredslist] Attention Trust and Estate Planning Attorneys - Emergency help needed - Trust as Beneficiary of IRA

David N. Milner DNM at gdblaw.com
Thu Jun 30 18:11:30 EDT 2011

For those of you that know me this may seem like an odd request.  I am representing a client that unfortunately is in a hospice and is trying to protect her children, all of whom are minors and one of whom is currently in re-hab, from themselves.  Her principal assets are her IRA accounts and of course she has named her children as the beneficiaries.  From what she tells me the only issue will be what color sports car they buy.  I am in the process of changing the named beneficiaries to her estate as an interim measure but would like to have my client have her cake and eat it too.  To that end I am reaching out to the other estate planning attorneys in the group to see if anyone has form of trust (ideally one that has withstood IRS review) that I can quickly adapt/adopt that will become the named beneficiary of my client's IRAs.  As a second choice I will take a comprehensive checklist of the provisions to include or not include that I can compare to what I have been able to learn from the research that I have done.  Unfortunately I feel that I must act quickly and do not know if I will have enough time to do as complete a job as I would like to on my own.  Thank you for taking the time read this.

David N. Milner, Esq.
Gallet Dreyer & Berkey, LLP
845 Third Avenue - 8th Floor
New York, NY 10022-6601
Telephone:  212-935-3131 ext. 313
Facsimile:  212-935-4514

To learn more about the firm, please visit our website:  http://www.gdblaw.com

IRS Circular 230 Disclosure: To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the Internal Revenue Service, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message (and any attachments hereto) is intended only for the use of the named recipient(s) and may contain legally privileged attorney-client information and/or confidential or proprietary information, and/or may contain attorney work product, that is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error or you are not the named recipient(s), you may not review, disseminate, distribute or copy this message (or any attachments hereto) and we request that you please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail message and any attachments from your computer. Thank you.