[Fredslist] Gothamite GPS Recommendations

Susan Pickman susan.pickman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 10:18:27 EST 2011

Thank you to everyone who wrote in with their suggestions.  Several
people asked me to convey the information that I received from my
query.

The clear winner is Garmin.  Several Gothamites said that they have
owned that brand for years and that it has performed very well.  Marc
Halpert researched the GPS field before buying a Garmin Nuvi 1450LMT
for $129.00.  He says that he is happy with his purchase.

Many wrote to say that a GPS should be purchased with lifetime traffic
and map updates.

Several other esteemed Gothamites said that there are apps for Android
that do the work of a GPS.

I greatly appreciate all your help.

Happy Holidays to all !!

Susan