[Fredslist] Gotham Book Discussion 6/2

Julie Klein julie2k at optonline.net
Mon May 24 14:14:55 EDT 2010

Author Sarah Blake will join us on Wednesday, June 2nd, to discuss her novel, THE POSTMISTRESS.

THE POSTMISTRESS was on the New York Times Best Seller list and has been recommended by Kathryn Stockett, the author of THE HELP.

Here is a brief synopsis from the Publisher:

In 1940, on the eve of the United States’ entry into World War II, Iris James, the postmistress of Franklin, a small town on Cape Cod, does the unthinkable: she doesn’t deliver a letter.  On the other side of the Atlantic, Frankie Bard is a spunky young American radio reporter, who arrives in London with a mission: to tell the United States about the real, human stories of the war.  THE POSTMISTRESS is a sweeping novel about the connection between two extraordinary women—and of two countries torn apart by war.

Kathryn Stockett read the manuscript of THE POSTMISTRESS and loved it, saying, “Sarah Blake seamlessly moves from inside one character to another, in a novel that reminds us of a time when the news traveled from post to paper to radio and that is how we learned about the world. THE POSTMISTRESS made me homesick for a time before I was even born. A beautifully written, thought-provoking novel that I’m telling everyone I know to read.”

Please pick up a copy of THE POSTMISTRESS and join us on June 2nd!

Thanks.

Julie Klein