[Fredslist] Job Openings in Sales - Connecticut

Tessa Marquis tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com
Sat Jun 12 15:37:40 EDT 2010

Hello Gothamites!
I just posted two different types of Sales jobs on Craig's List and thought
some of you might want to pass them along.
The first one is particularly good for someone who just wants Summer work.
In fact, I think it can be mostly completed in a month.

Ad Sales for Non-Profit

Program Book advertisement sales in all areas of CT
Reputable organization promoting Reproductive Health.
Short term project may lead to long term position.

Great people, great cause, full commission at 25% with bonus opportunities.

The details are as follows:
NARAL Pro-Choice Connecticut's 18th Annual Gala Awards Dinner will be held
October 2nd. There will be a Program Book which will also be distributed at
least one other event prior to the Gala. Gala attendee demographic is
Politicians, Business Owners, Attorneys, Healthcare Providers, and Women's
Reproductive Rights Activists.   The sales territory will be throughout
Connecticut, to shops, restaurants, museums, galleries, medical providers,
attorneys, etc. with an opportunity to "sell up" for Sponsorship Levels for
the Gala.

I will be directing the Salesperson. Initial contact work can be done from
my office but almost all sales will require a visit at some point.  If the
sales person is in a wheelchair we will need to make slightly different
arrangements (My office has no elevator).

Here is the other opportunity:

This job is entirely working with me. What a thrill!

Software System - LMS

Successful training/consulting firm, specializing in interactive skills
programs, launching new Learning Management System August 1.

Immediate interviews for qualified professionals. Successful Candidate will
be hired for other sales prior to launch.

No travel required. All sales to be done virtually. Territory: Worldwide.
Candidate will be sole person responsible for sales to new clients.

Company: Casual office, in-house software engineers and designers, 20 years
in business (9 with software development), 200,000 record proprietary client
database.

Compensation: Employee with full benefits (including Health)

Unlike other Sales Positions, we believe that this can be done without
extensive travel. I would expect that this work could also be done outside
of our office environs, if that suited the salesperson, after the
breaking-in period (where I see if I can break them) Again, I would make
other arrangements if the candidate were in a wheelchair. If the candidate
is more comfortable working on pure commission basis we can certainly do
that.

We already created an LMS a few years ago, and are rolling out the Beta
version of our new configuration next month. Candidates will be provided
with a preview.

Tessa Marquis
Gotham New Havenish
New Standard Institute, Inc.
84 Broad Street  |  Milford, CT 06460  |  USA
203.783.1582 x101
 <mailto:tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com>
tmarquis at newstandardinstitute.com