[Fredslist] Great Meeting + Spotlight-Thanks Maria Guida

Judie Judie at PromotionalSolutions.biz
Thu Jan 28 13:24:10 EST 2010

Hello, Gotham,

Formica 1 had our first meeting of 2010 last week at the Friars Club.  Alongside the crackling fire..nothing but the best for Gotham... we had an energetic group, which included Jack Haplern, Gotham's very own Networker of the Year (along with Marc Halpert... we missed you Marc).  Thank you to Lusas Meyer for stepping in as Group Chair.

In the spotlight was Maria Guida.  Maria highlighted practical and fabulous tips we can implement when speaking and presenting ourselves.  Anyone looking for a speaker for an event or for a meeting spotlight should reach out to Maria.  I thought I would include Maria's Bio, which speaks for itself (see below).

In addition to Maria's spotlight we expanded our business and personal networking circles by randomly exchanging business cards.  I look forward to hearing how everyone's on-on-one meetings/calls go, including a fun fact we learn about the person we meet with.

We hope you can join our next meeting on March 10th, you never know what we have up our sleeve, certainly will be something different.

Regards,                                                                            Scroll down for Maria's Bio
Judie
Judie Moceri
Promotional Solutions Int'l
201.967.1735
 "Your One Stop Promotion Source"

             Maria Guida  has designed and delivered coaching in the field of communication skills to major businesses in the New York area for over fifteen years.   She has helped improve performance at some of the world's premier organizations, including JPMorgan Chase, Johnson & Johnson, Shearman and Sterling, Chubb Corporation, and Moody's Investors Service.

In an earlier career, Maria was a professional actress and spokesperson on national television.  She performed principal roles in two Broadway productions and on television dramas, and she has worked on stage with many well-known artists, including James Earl Jones, and Kevin Kline.

Maria helps her clients in all industries to communicate with the poise, passion, and persuasive power of our best professional actors.

She has been the featured speaker for many associations, including Toastmasters International, the New York City Bar Association, the Project Management Institute, and the Global Bank Human Resources Forum.

Maria's articles on the subject of communication skills have been published by the Society for Human Resource Management and the Association of Legal Administrators, and she has been quoted in NY Matrix (published by NY Women in Communications).

As a university professor for many years, she taught communication skills to professionals and MBA candidates from the United States and abroad.

Maria is a frequent presenter at business conferences and a member of the American Society for Training and Development, NY Women in Communications, the Society for Human Resource Management, Actor's Equity Association, and the Screen Actor's Guild.