[Fredslist] Strong A/P Manager needed..Position to 95K

Kamberg, Jeffrey (02940) Jeffrey.Kamberg at roberthalf.com
Fri Jan 22 09:12:04 EST 2010

Hello Gotham.

One of our clients needs a very strong A/P Manager that could manage a staff of 15 people with strong Systems experience.

Please see below background and refer people to me who have experience that reflects this skill set.

Thank you!!!

Accounts Payable Manager
Presently manage a staff of 15 Accounts Payable full-time professional personnel. Report directly to the Chief Accounting Officer and Head of Global Treasury. Responsibilities include interfacing with corporate management, business units, 1,357 entities, and internal/external auditors, and vendors.

Special Projects/Achievements

·          Initiated a standard twice-weekly payment processing schedule for all domestic entities and reduced the necessity for rush payments by ninety-five percent.
·          Coordinated the process whereby we outsourced our check printing and produce payment remittances via ACH through Bank of America Paymode reducing the risk of fraud and lowering bank fees.
·          Set up reserve cash accounts for our entities/properties and collaborated with utility vendors to have our monthly bills auto-debited from their operating accounts.
·          Participated on task force of foreign and domestic accounting departments to conform to a standardized global chart of accounts to streamline corporate reporting practices.
·          Took ownership of and corrected control issues and approval hierarchy within the PO system.
·          Worked with our IT team to lock down access to AP functions in our software system (MRI).
·          Created the following process documentation's for publication on the company portal:
§   General Accounts Payable Standard Operating Procedure for invoice and payment processing.
§   Purchase Order System Training Manual (Training Video also initiated and placed in the PO system.)
§   Void/Stop Payment Procedure
§   Creating Invoice Numbers when none available
§   Process Narrative for Internal/?External (E&Y and KPMG) auditors
§   Inter-entity allocation set-up process
§   Document the Bank of America Paymode process from the initiation of payments process through the bank reconciliation process
§   Create workflow diagrams for all AP processes
§   Implement and maintain a signature card system with levels of authorization based on title to ensure manual payment requisitions are properly approved.
·          Upgraded staff with more knowledgeable and professional personnel to maximize productivity.
·          Eliminated the transmission of bank account information via e-mail and to utilize shared drives with exclusive access only to create a more secure environment.
Involved in testing and sign-off of all AP application system fixes prior to implementation

Jeffrey N. Kamberg
Recruiting Manager
Robert Half International
245 Park Avenue-25th Fl
New York, NY 10167

Phone (212) 983 1800
Fax     (212) 983 5629

email:  jeffrey.kamberg at roberthalf.com<mailto:jeffrey.kamberg at roberthalf.com>
www.roberthalf.com<http://www.roberthalf.com>
www.rhi.com<http://www.rhi.com>

Worldwide Leader in Specialized Staffing Services Since 1948.