[Fredslist] HELP!! $1100.00 for St Kitts to St Kitts local text messaging

Deidre Siegel dsiegel at pearcoresolutions.com
Wed Jan 20 13:57:36 EST 2010

Hi Gothamites:

Not sure anyone can really help in this situation, but I thought I would
give it the ole Gotham try:

Scenario:

Having not been out of the country in approximately 10 years (sad, I know) -
when we went to St. Kitts over the holiday break, upon arrival it was very
obvious that we did not have phone service.

However, we were receiving emails on our blackberry's and were able to send
texts to each other ie; "I'm at the beach, meet me in 15 minutes"

We just received an $1100 bill from AT&T for those text messages!!!

After some complaining, they took $70 off the bill because we have been
"loyal" customers for many, many years.

Any recourse?  Suggestions?  Contacts??

Thanks in advance!!

My best, always,