[Fredslist] Q re recovered stolen car

IrisWolinsky at aol.com IrisWolinsky at aol.com
Mon Jan 4 03:35:37 EST 2010

Hello and Happy New Year to all Gothamites!

Does anyone have any knowledge or advice on this...  My car was stolen
shortly before I left town and nearly 2 weeks later turns up in a city tow
lot.  I'll go to retrieve it this week on my return.  Does anyone know  if I'll
be allowed see the car before I get it out?  If it's  been damaged in
certain ways I may not be able to park it on the street, and  have to spend more
time & money for a lot, etc.  I assume any  damage or vandalism can be
claimed on my auto policy.  But would my policy  cover me if I want to change the
locks to prevent another theft?  I'll  ask my broker these questions but
someone who's been through something like  this may have some good insights.

Thanks to all, and hope it doesn't happen to you!

Iris

Iris  Wolinsky
Attorney Arbitrator Mediator
227 Riverside Drive