[Fredslist] End of Year Tax Deductible Giving - Habitat for Humanity

Rick Raymond rickraymond at focusedbusinessleader.com
Wed Dec 29 15:10:11 EST 2010

Dear Fellow Gotham Member,

I am a volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, collecting donations to
support them in their work of easing the suffering of families
struggling to escape poverty housing – and replace their misery with
hope.

Habitat for Humanity believes that everyone should have the
opportunity to live in a safe, decent, affordable housing. To that
end, Habitat for Humanity works along-side partner-families offering a
"hand-up” not a "hand-out” to help families escape poverty housing.

Habitat requires partner-families to made down payments and mortgage
payments, and to perform sweat-equity hours by helping build their
homes and the homes of others.

As a Habitat for Humanity volunteer, I am writing fellow Gotham
members today to ask that you partner with us in our urgent work to
build safe and sound homes that low-income families can afford.

By making a tax-deductible donation today, you can help change the
lives of so many struggling families.  You will support a solution of
safe and affordable housing – a basic human need and a fundamental
component of dignity and long-term well being for people everywhere/

Any amount you can give is greatly appreciated – just make your check
payable to Habitat for Humanity International and return it to me at:

Rick Raymond (Habitat for Humanity)
441 East 20th Street, Apt ME
NY, NY 10010-7512

Any amount is appreciated.. And if you let me know you are making a
donation I can keep an eye out for it.  Your gift will buy:

$10 = a box of nails
$35 = roof shingles
$50 = a low flow toilet
$75 = a window
$100 = a front door
$500 = siding
$1,000 = wallboard
$2,000 = flooring

61,500 families worldwide were served through the work of Habitat for
Humanity in 2009 with new, rehabbed and repaired homes.

Thank you so much for your support.

Best regards,

Rick Raymond
Habitat for Humanity Id.  DHQMV1009T1101, 68888852