[Fredslist] Military Person Airline Assistance? Miles? Thoughts

Judie Judie at PromotionalSolutions.biz
Mon Aug 16 11:17:55 EDT 2010

Good morning, Gotham,
A childhood friend, presently stationed in Japan for the later part of his
career, has been trying to get back to the US to visit family (his
Mom/sisters/daughter).  Tickets are very expensive (I've been told they are
$3800+) which has prevented him from  traveling over the past year or so.

I've been looking to see if there is any program that may assist him in
traveling home, not on standby.  Does anyone know of any "Miles for
Military" type program that any organization has set up (I think I have an
idea in the making :) ?  I've thought about setting up such a program where
people can donate their extra travel miles to help those who serve our
country.  I'd love anyone's thoughts if they have had experience in the
same situation?

Also, a general question to all, do you think people would donate excess
miles to help bring Bill/military persons home for a visit?  He needs to
fly from Japan to DC or Boston.

Sincere thanks in advance for any input/comments.
Judie

Judie Moceri
Promotional Solutions Int'l
201.967.1735