[Fredslist] For all Gotham women in NYC

Phyllis E. Dubrow pdubrow at pipeline.com
Thu Aug 12 23:41:05 EDT 2010

Ladies of Gotham -

Let me tell you about the soiree I co-hosted Wednesday night with Gabrielle
Carlson of the NYC Women's Group, at her fashion design studio on East 10th
Street!

I'd invited a few friends of mine, women of a certain age, who have issues
about weight they've gained or how old, old, old they've gotten to feel.
All of which was invisible to Gab as she invited the first to arrive to
"Just let me try this on you .." and then pulled out her jackets and tank
tops and skirts of all lengths - and a killer black dress that showed off
good parts that my friend didn't know she had.

Gab spoke of her love for making women feel beautiful, particularly those
who feel that they've lost their spark.  She caters to women who are one
size top, a different size bottom, who are repeatedly discouraged by
shopping and can't find styles that flatter them.  And she'll adapt her
pieces to fit women who are "their very own size."

I heard Gab's pitch newly as I watched my friends lighting up - and
lightening up, and I realized that I had to share this with all of you.
Gab's website is  <http://www.gabriellecarlson.com>
www.gabriellecarlson.com:  There will be more soirees, with the next one
August 25,  or you can call (212) 995-8063 for a one-on-one appointment.

She is truly a gift.

Phyllis E. Dubrow | Attorney at Law |230 Park Avenue, Suite 2525 | New York,
New York  10169 | T: (212) 661-2885 | F: (212) 409-8682