[Fredslist] Next Gotham Book Club Selection

Julie Klein julie2k at optonline.net
Tue Nov 17 13:54:14 EST 2009

Hi Gotham.

I am pleased to announce that our next Gotham Online Book Discussion
will feature Hillary Jordan's "Mudbound".

According to the Book Jacket, "Mudbound" is "A gripping and
exquisitely rendered story of forbidden love, betrayal, and murder,
set against the brutality of the Jim Crow south."

"Mudbound" won the 2006 Bellwether Prize for Fiction, awarded
biannually to a first literary novel that addresses issues of social
justice.

Here is a link to Hillary Jordan's website:  http://www.hillaryjordan.com/

We are in the process of scheduling the discussion for late January,
2010 -- the precise date and time "to be announced."

Thanks!

Julie Klein