[Fredslist] IT Audit Manager Position Available (Ernst & Young)

Marcus Goldhaber marcusgoldhaber at mac.com
Mon Nov 16 10:22:33 EST 2009

Hi folks,

    First off, many thanks for your amazing response regarding my search for
an Osteopath.  A colleague of mine is looking to fill a top managing
position at Ernst & Young.  If anyone is interested, please see the
description below with required skill level and contact:

Jaime T. Kahan | Senior Manager | Technology Risk Services
Ernst & Young
5 Times Square, New York, New York 10036, United States of America
Office: (212) 773-7755 | Fax: (866) 482-3016 | jaime.kahan at ey.com
Assistant: Roxanne M. DeMartinis | Phone: (212) 773-2295

Have a wonderful week,
Marcus

NIGHTtime
w/Marcus Goldhaber
& The Janice Friedman Trio

Thursdays at The NIGHT Hotel (Extended through holiday season!)
132 West 45th (between 6th & Bway)
Sets: 8pm/9:30pm ‹ No Cover.
***************************************
Www.marcusgoldhaber.com
Stop by on your way home...

³4 Stars!² --  PEOPLE Magazine, Jan. 12th 09

----------------------------

Ernst & Young Financial Services Office - IT Risk & Assurance Manager - IT
Audit and Technology Risk -

US-NY-New York

Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path
full of opportunity.  Ernst & Young's Financial Services Office (FSO) is a
unique, industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of
integrated services which leverage deep industry experience with strong
functional capability and product knowledge.  With a client base that
includes financial institutions and other capital markets participants,
there's tremendous potential for growth -- and we're prepared to tap that
potential.  Our FSO team takes a strategic approach to helping clients
mitigate risk while improving and sustaining their business performance.  In
today's complex business environment, that means understanding the
relationship between risk, the regulatory environment, and performance
improvement, and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their
business objectives.

When you're on our FSO team, you specialize in a particular competency -
Risk, Performance Improvement, or IT Risk & Assurance -- all part of a
world-class, cross-functional team.  You will also have the opportunity to
work across disciplines with professionals who have broad financial services
industry sector experience and deep subject-matter knowledge.  In FSO, our
growth strategy focuses on being account-centric, issue-based and
competency-driven.  That's what differentiates Ernst & Young in the
marketplace.

The opportunity is now. If you are interested in being part of a dynamic
team, serving clients and reaching your full potential - Ernst & Young's
Financial Services Office (FSO) is for you.

Information technology is a key enabler, and we're integrating IT into our
Advisory transformation engagements. Our IT Risk & Assurance team delivers
world-class information technology advice as part of our broader risk and
business improvement services. We provide services such as financial audit
IT integration, third party reporting, IT Risk Advisory, information
management & analysis and information security.

Within EY's Financial Services Office (FSO) IT Risk & Assurance practice,
the Manager is responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at
an executive level within the practice and the firm.  The Manager is
responsible for leading IT internal audit engagements and assisting with
business development activities across asset management, banking, capital
markets and insurance sectors. All of our IT Risk & Assurance services,
whether assurance or advisory in nature, are designed for the dual purpose
of strengthening internal controls and, in so doing, helping to improve IT
and business performance. In addition to assurance-related engagements such
as financial attestation and SAS 70 engagements, our IT risk advisory
services focus on IT governance and effectiveness; IT program management and
assurance; security and controls of ERP implementations; and business
intelligence and information analysis.

Responsibilities
Provide guidance and share knowledge with team members and participate in
performing procedures especially focusing on complex, judgmental and/or
specialized issues. Work with the team and the client to create plans for
accomplishing engagement objectives and a strategy that complies with
professional standards and addresses the risks inherent in the engagement.
Brief the engagement team on the client's IT environment and industry IT
trends. Maintain relationships with client management to manage expectations
of service, including work products, timing, and deliverables.

Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex information systems and
apply it to client situations. Use extensive knowledge of the client's
business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate
impacts on the client's business.

Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and
responsibility with engagement team members, and use current
technology/tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.

To qualify, candidates must have:
·        a bachelor's degree and approximately 5 years of related work
experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work
experience
·        a degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science,
information systems, engineering, or a related discipline
·        extensive experience working as an IT auditor or IT risk adviser
for a public accounting firm, a professional services firm, or within
financial services industry
·        significant experience in having applied relevant technical
knowledge in at least one of the following engagements: (a) financial
statement audits; (b) internal or operational audits; (c) SAS 70
engagements; and/or (d) ERP security and controls reviews (Oracle, SAP,
PeopleSoft)
·        strong project management skills
·        advanced written and verbal communication skills and presentation
skills
·        excellent leadership, teamwork and client service skills
·        demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
·        willingness and ability to travel 50%

CPA, CA, CISA, CISSP, CISM, CBCP, CIA or CFE certification is desired;
non-certified hires are required to become certified within 1 year from the
date of hire.
Any U.S. tax advice contained in the body of this e-mail was not intended or
written to be used, and cannot be used, by the recipient for the purpose of
avoiding penalties that may be imposed under the Internal Revenue Code or
applicable state or local tax law provisions.