[Fredslist] Insurance Claim Assistance Needed

Tuber, Nancy NTUBER at elliman.com
Tue Mar 31 20:29:49 EDT 2009

Gotham:

I am desperately in need of help.  I had rented my mother's house (Long Island, Nassau) to some awful non-paying tenants.  After receiving an eviction notice in June 08, they proceeded to trash my house.  I thought I had vandalism insurance, but all claims were denied because it was deemed to be "hard use of property" - they shot out a window, tore the sidings off doors, destroyed furniture & closets, ripped apart the dryer, tossed out my refrigerator, had dogs defecate all over the carpeting, destroyed the tile kitchen floor, broke the stove & dishwasher and more.  There are beer bottle shards all over the lawn, along with b-b gun pellets,and tons of trash.  It cost me 8K to move them out, plus the rent they didn't pay, and now this....can anyone help???

Nancy Tuber
Douglas Elliman
212 769 9889
646 872 7662