[Fredslist] re: Immigration Lawyer question

Ellin Yassky medici18 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 15 23:44:03 EDT 2009

Hello Gotham Lawyers,

I have a question regarding a  visa for a foreign student. A young Chinese girl has been living with us for almost 2 years now. After all this time, she is very much a part of our family.  She recently completed her masters in Finance and is working with an H1 visa with an internship at UBS in Stamford, CT. I believe her visa will be up in August, and trying to find a permanent job has been rather difficult (plus she needs someone to sponsor her new visa). We're trying to see what our options are for her to be able to stay on longer. She is extremely bright, has all of her "Bloomberg" certificates (whatever they are), but is obviously competing with the many other people looking for work in Finance.

If your specialization is Immigration Law and think you could give us some guidance, could you please drop me a line? I'd be most appreciative.

Many thanks,

Ellin Yassky
medici18 at yahoo.com

 Ellin Yassky, Ph.D.