[Fredslist] Just Say Fred Sent You

fklein at legal.org fklein at legal.org
Fri Mar 13 15:26:20 EDT 2009

My greatest phobia is claustrophobia and, as such, being stuck in a crowded subway car or an MRI are anathema to me.

Well, I have a severe neck problem and I visited my neck man, Dr. Andy Hecht, this morning and he delivered the dread news-I had to have an MRI!

Words can not describe my quandry, but I attempted to gather myself and concluded, for a variety reasons, I needed to get it over as soon as possible and it had to be an "Open" MRI. Then I remembered talking to Dr. David Katz, owner of Next Generation Radiation, a member of Ben Geizhals' Long Island Health Care Group.

I called Davis, explained my predicament and threw myself into his care. That's where Susan Sajiun-Fitzharris, Gotham's third most senior member and President of United Benefit Consultants, Inc., a Division of Hub International, comes in.

For some arcane reason, my Oxford insurance did not cover the "Open" MRI. So I called Susan's office and spoke to Dominick Furci who advocated for me with Oxford and facilitated the dread referral process.
All I know is that between the kindnesses of Dominick and David I was in the dreaded machine (not so open) at 2:00 and with help of Xanax and Joanne's hand holding I survived 20 pounding minutes and it's behind me.

Thanks so much to Dr. David Katz and his caring staff at his Garden City Park facility, Susan and her staff and Gotham for being the vehicle for my knowing them.

I hope you never have to go through it, but if you must, I suggest you call David and Susan and just say Fred sent you.