[Fredslist] Help Support Career Camp- Seeking Presenters and Participants!

Jennifer Berger jenniber93 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 29 13:19:11 EDT 2009

Hello Gothamites,

I had previously sent out a post about the Pink Slip Party at Galapagos Art Space, and had a great response from Gotham- thank you to those who responded and participated/are participating.  We are now revamping the party into a bi-weekly event, Career Camp.  We will have topic specific forums,  designed to blend social and professional networking, while providing out of work New Yorkers with a diversity of resources to help them redirect and improve their careers. For those of you out of work, or who are looking to source talent, I invite you to attend all of our events- please see galapagosartspace.com for schedules.  Specific career camp dates are listed below.

We are looking for presenters for our forums who can speak on:
- the green industry (Gotham Green, we need you!)
- transitioning into non-profits
- social entrepreneurship
- freelancing
- practical advice for starting a small business
-self-branding and presentation
-ALSO: we are always looking for head-hunters, temp-agencies and employers to attend-- you need not do a presentation.

Our scheduled dates are as follows: July 14th, July 28th, August 11th, and August 25th (hopefully with dates in September to follow)!

**We are now happy to offer advanced scheduling, so those who were interested in participating have more time to book it in their calendars.

Each of the 6 Career Camp events are FREE to the public. Presenters will be published on all Career Camp marketing materials, including a special page on the Galapagos Art Space website and the program for the series, which every attendee will receive. We expect a strong turn out for each event.  Again, this is a great way to promote your services, as well as give back to the community.

For more details and specific scheduling information, I will refer you once again to our Associate Director, Hailey Ratigan at: hailey at galapagosartspace.com.

Thanks again!

Jennifer Berger
jennifer at galapagosartspace.com