[Fredslist] Calling all Golfers who want more! September 14 is the Day!

sfzinder at aol.com sfzinder at aol.com
Wed Jun 3 01:14:56 EDT 2009

For those of you who want more golf, networking and promotion after yesterday's Gotham Golf Outing - - Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center will be
holding its 9th Annual Celebrity Golf &
Tennis Classic on Monday, September 14, 2009 at North Hempstead
Country Club and Sands Point Golf Club in Port Washington, New
York.? Kingsbrook is a community hospital located in Central Brooklyn (i.e., Crown Heights).? It has a specialty in Rehabilitation Medicine, one of the most sophisticated radiology departments in Brooklyn and is making significant quality strides in the services it offers.? Also, our CEO is one of the leaders in New York healthcare and she is the incoming Chair of the Board of the Greater New York Hospital Association.? We aren't large, and we aren't cutting edge in research or in national prominence, we are, however a critical healthcare provider in a medically underserved community that as our quality has improved in recent years has demanded more of the services we provide.? This event will be our only fundraiser this year as we address the financial challenges facing many New York hospitals.

Our golf outing has earned a reputation among people who attend annually as one of the truly fun golf outings of the year.? We frequently hear that from an enjoyment and networking perspective, our outing surpasses the outings of many more well known institutions.? Individual golfers may join us from $500 ($250 for dinner without golf).? There are rates for foursomes with tee signs and many other event underwriting opportunities.? The gifts provided to attendees are specially chosen and we welcome contributions of items to include in our gift bags.? Golf items (golf balls, towels, tees, water bottles,
indelible markers, etc.) or outdoor sports related items (sunscreen, lip balm,
bug spray, first aid kits, etc.) are especially appreciated for us to provide to our 200+
golfers at North Hempstead Country Club and the Sands Point
Golf Club, both in Port
Washington, New York.? The event will also feature coctails and dinner at the North Hempstead Country Club for over 350 guests.? During the dinner we will hold? a raffle/auction which
traditionally includes a wide variety of items including sports tickets,
autographed memorabilia, electronic equipment, gift certificates, etc.?
and more than 350 guests to join us for cocktails and dinner at the North
Hempstead Country Club.? This year during golf and dinner guests will have the ability to mingle
with sports and television celebrities.

Also - this year we have a great promotional opportunity. Rather than publish an event journal (which may get looked at once by the people who attend the event and then tossed), we will be publishing an 8x10 glossy magazine which will feature articles about our programs, services for and accomplishments supporting, our community.? The magazine will have opportunities for advertisements starting (I think) at $500. ? It will? be displayed and circulated over the course of many months in waiting areas, administrative
offices, at community outreach events, and among our many community partners
throughout the year.? Sponsorship opportunities include full page, half
page, quarter page and eighth page spaces.? So it will be distributed to hundreds, indeed thousands, of people.? Prime visibility locations in the magazine are still
available!

Combined magazine and event sponsorship opportunities range from $3,000 to $25,000 and
include golf and tennis participation, recognition on the course and advertising
in the magazine.?

?

I've been with Gotham for 8 years, and it would be really wonderful to see Gotham turn out to support this event for this critical community provider.?

?

To get more detailed information about the event, attendance and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Joyce
Leiz, our Director of Development, at 718-604-5479 or jleiz at kingsbrook.org.? Joyce has all the details and will be happy to speak with you.

Looking forward to enjoying the day with my Gotham and Kingsbrook colleagues, I am

Gothamly,

Susan Zinder

(women's group)